Monday, July 26, 2010

Author Victoria Hanley

I must post about one of my favorite authors, Victoria Hanley, whom I've met. She lives in the nearby town of Loveland, Colorado. (Yes, Loveland is all a frenzy around Valentine's Day, but that's another story, maybe in February.)

Victoria presented at one of my media meetings and she was just delightful and amazing. I sat in awe and I introduced myself and probably mumbled something about loving her books. She was very gracious. I am a closet writer, so that is one of the reasons for my book obsessions, I live vicariously through authors. They work so hard to perform their magic, and I do mean MAGIC. Because I've tried to make magic with words and it's DARN hard.

I've read ALL of her books and loved them all. Her two books about writing are so helpful, I give them as gifts.

One of my favorite "stories" about her books involves my sweet husband of almost 35 years, George. He reads the paper every morning, and I swear he reads EVERY word. He's one of the smartest people I know and I love him dearly. BUT...and this was a very sad BUT for me. Are you ready? He didn't read books. Not since college. Oh, the occasional book about golfing or Las Vegas but not a REAL book.

Well, he retired two years ago. I was reading out loud to him because now he's captive audience. He enjoys it, actually.

Reading a book out loud to George is one of the biggest compliments I can give a book, it means I LOVE it A LOT!

Well, I was reading Violet Wings, her newest. He picked it up and READ it! I came home after school one day and he said, "I finished the book." I congratulated him but he didn't look too happy. My heart just sank for a moment. "It just ended. Right there. It, it....JUST ENDED." I started laughing when I realized what he was talking about. "Honey, it's a series. It's called a cliffhanger. I promise you there will be more." "But when?" "Well, in about a year or so." "A YEAR OR SO???!!!" I just laughed again and said, "Welcome to MY world!"

I am one of Victoria's FB friends so I get to hear about things like the next title, INDIGO INK, how she's finished the draft and working on the editing and George gets ALMOST as excited as I do to hear the news.

Oh Boy! INDIGO INK! Sigh... ♥

Hurry up, Victoria, George and I are patiently waiting. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment