Saturday, November 22, 2014

Discovered a GREAT New Teacher and Blogger!

I found her at Nerdy Book Club, no surprise there, right? Her name is Kimberley Moran and she's a book loving second grade teacher. Let me tell you, we need more teachers like her in this world! Here is her post on Nerdy today, her blog, her Twitter handle is @kagmoran. She's also here under Favorite Websites! After you read the first part of her post on Nerdy today, I hope you'll understand why I said to my book loving husband, "These are the things that make me cry". ENJOY!

TEN WAYS TO GET PRIMARY READERS TO READ BY KIMBERLEY MORAN

As he sounds out the word painfully slowly, he looks desperately to the illustration for assistance. He looks at me. I look back blankly. He says each sound separately, but blends it incorrectly. He shakes his head. He looks at me. I look back with my gentle smile.  He glances over at the boys reading through the books in their book boxes effortlessly, happily even. 


No comments:

Post a Comment