Saturday, November 26, 2011

Farmyard Beat by Lindsey Craig, Illustrated by Marc Brown

"Chicks can't sleep. Chicks can't sleep.   Chicks can't sleep
'cause they got that beat!"

So starts this cute book for the young ones in our lives.

And the beat goes on with sheep, cat, cows, Hank, (yes Hank), owl, and Farmer Sue. They finally fall asleep when Rooster sings, "Cock-a-doodle-do, I've got that beat!"

Fun, toe-tapping story with Arthur creator Marc Brown's illustrations of collage art made with hand-painted papers!

I know my students and grandson will be singing, "Again, again!"

Delightful! I give it 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good one for my little Julianna Belle. :) I'm thinking for Christmas. Thanks for the tip, Jeannie!

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete