Friday, September 10, 2010

Books and Emotions

Now that I'm back in school, I haven't had much time for my blog.

So...I've decided that I will add small bits and pieces at a time.

Every once in a while, my post is going to reflect a certain emotion to a certain book. 

First emotion...comfort.  

My very favorite comfort author is Alexander McCall Smith and his NO.1 LADIES' DETECTIVE AGENCY series. This man is a marvel with words. How he can so accurately write from a woman's point of view baffles me. But he is always right on. Precious Romatswe is one of those characters that seems so alive and real. Precious makes me honor my life and to be grateful. It's because of the way she lives her life, how she conducts herself, and how she makes other people feel. When I read these books, they comfort me and I am content. They never let me down...ever.

And for a double treat, try one in audio, with the gorgeous, lilting voice of Lissette Lecat. She IS Precious Romatswe.

No comments:

Post a Comment