Saturday, July 27, 2013

Every Day by David Levithan



David Levithan has created one of the most unique young adult books I've ever read. A is 16, male, and for all of his life, has awakened each day in the body of someone else. At midnight, he is ripped out of his current host and enters the next. After 16 years of this happening 365 days a year, and, oh joy, an extra day in a leap year, he has rules he follows. Never interfere. Until the day he meets Rhiannon. He experiences all different kinds of sixteen year olds, male, female, happy, sad. You name it, he LIVES it. I'm interested in knowing WHICH type of people he omitted and why, besides the reason that this book would have been VERY long. Both hubby and I rated this 5 out of 5 stars. Ninth grade and up for mature content, BUT, in my opinion, all teenagers should read this.

This video has many, many authors talking about Every Day, who do YOU recognize?



3 comments:

  1. I , too loved this book, Jean. I picked it up one day while subbing in the high school library and had to read it straight through!

    ReplyDelete